Tuesday, June 08, 2010


A Very Special Day

I have lots of stencils both old and new and I have always loved the look that they give to my projects. However, the one thing that I have never enjoyed is the time it takes to transfer them to my project so I decided to try something new using Helmar's Vellum Adhesive spray! I placed my stencil over my cardstock and masked areas that I didn't want to transfer then taped the stencil down to my card and sprayed the Vellum Adhesive over my project. Since the Helmar Vellum Adhesive remains tacky, you do not have to rush to cover the adhesive, which I love! After I sprayed my project, I ran my stencil under warm water and used dish soap to remove the adhesive then I went back and covered my card with P K Glitz's EP Max Embossing Powder in Golden Diamond and removed the excess then used a heat gun to set and emboss!
A stenciled card in less than ten minutes, can't beat that!
Supplies:
Embossing Powder: EP Max in Golden Diamond (P K Glitz)
Adhesive: Helmar Vellum Adhesive Spray (Helmar)
Cardstock: Momenta
Card Base: The Paper Studio
Pen: Signo White (Uni-Ball)
Stencil: Momenta
Sticker: SRM
Misc: Ribbon

13 comments:

Nancyroo said...

great idea! looks great!

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Ack! What a great idea - uber crafty my friend.

Deanne :)

Bee's hive said...

That is brilliant! derHerrrr I serioulsy never thought of glue instead of clear embossing ink, and now that I think of it...THAT's what embossing ink probably is! Thanks for making me feel more dense :)! (see how much I need you?!)

just2ducky said...

Amazingly brilliant! Thanks for the tip!!! Can't wait to try it. :)

Pat said...

Great tip & technique!!! TFS

Audrey Frelx said...

Jamie, how wonderful is that!!!

I really love visiting you -- not only are you a kind and sharing person, you always have such great ideas you freely share. You are such a gem, my friend!!!

Thanks again for sharing another fabulous idea!

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! Love this idea!! Thanks

marcibun said...

This is great Jamie! I love how you used the Helmar ;)

Kim said...

Such a fun card and thanks for sharing the tip on how you created it! Love the little space monster!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

What a cute card. TFS how to do this. Must add this to the list of things to try this summer :)

Stef said...

What a brilliant idea! I would have never thought to use spray adhesive! That makes the thought of heat embossing so much more attractive. Very cute blog!!

paperscissors said...

you get genius marks for this idea!!! so easy, great results!

Rachael said...

You have some mad skills, girl! Momenta is lucky to have you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...